- A cat grin template, printed on 8.5″ x 11″ white card stock
- 1 jumbo craft stick (mine was 7.75″)
- 3 pieces of twisteez wire (each approximately 6.5″ long)
- A 1.5″ x 1.5″ square of self-adhesive foam
- Scissors, masking tape, and glue stick for construction
- Markers for decorating
First, select a grin from the template and use markers to color it. Glue (or tape, or hot glue) the smile to a jumbo craft stick. Make sure to leave about 1″ of space at the top of the stick for your whiskers and nose.
Pinch the centers of the twisteez wires together, then secure them to the stick with masking tape. If you can’t find twisteez wires, use very thin strips of card stock for whiskers. I wouldn’t recommend using pipe cleaners. The ends can get rather sharp when you cut them, and that’s not good for a project that is held close to the eyes.