It’s here! It’s here! It’s here! It’s 350 for 50, our annual competition for young writers!
We challenge you to write a short, 350-word tale that includes the sentence, “Each box had a story.” (just 345 words left to go!) Winning stories will be illustrated and published on Pop Goes the Page. Additionally, winning authors will enjoy an online $50 literary shopping spree!
Open to ages 9-16.
Contest submissions are due by 3:00 pm ET on Friday, May 6, 2022.
350 for 50 Contest Submission Requirements
- Stories must be no longer than 350 words, and MUST include the sentence, “Each box had a story.”
- The sentence MUST stand alone in the story (not be a part of another sentence).
- Submissions are accepted in e-mail text fields ONLY. No attachments or file shares, please.
- One submission per author, please. E-mail to: email@example.com
- One winner will be selected from each of our four age categories (ages 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16).
- The following MUST be included with your submission: Your name, age (as of May 6, 2022), and mailing address.
- Your name, information, and story title are not included in the 350 word count.
- No submissions in verse or in comic book format, please.
- Literary shopping spree is limited to books and writing materials.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail on May 13, 2022 and posted on this page.
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org